The AIA was created to support architects as a community of peers and a collective voice in shaping the built environment. Our advocacy as individuals and together is needed more than ever. We have the ability through our day-to-day work, as knowledge experts and community members to testify to and expand the power of design in shaping a better future for all. We still face challenges in ensuring all members of our diverse, thoughtful community are engaged and involved. My AIA service has been a reflection my values as an architect and to my passion for building an equitable community of new thinkers at the forefront of the organization.
Architecture impacts how we live
Good buildings, planning and advocacy leads to better public health, prosperity, and inspiration. We know this connection deeply.
Architects are uniquely positioned to advocate for sustainability
As professionals, we understand how the choices we make influence positive change. Design and user engagement are two of the best tactics towards creating a more sustainable, resilient future.
Architects are creative problem solvers
Architects adeptly reconcile incongruent concepts and interests to create collaborative solutions. We do more than just think about design; we creatively solve problems through our process of bringing people together and building consensus through vision.
Architects know how to make things happen
The US construction industry is valued at 4% of the GDP. Considering the value of an architect’s work as an economic driver both in the construction industry and of real estate values, we have a great stake in the economy. We have the knowledge, passion and influence to shape places that contribute to prosperity and economic diversity.
The architecture profession does not yet reflect the society we serve
Achieving the vision of a more equitable, diverse and inclusive profession will have a direct impact on our relevance in society and in building a better world.
American Institute of Architects
- Board of Directors, At-large Director, 2018-2020
- Equity and Future of Architecture Committee, Chair 2018-2019, Co-chair 2017
- Center for Practice Advisor, 2018
- Equity in Architecture Commission, Chair 2015-2016
- Culture Collective 2014-2015
- Continuing Education Committee 2014-2016, 2007-2008
- Young Architects Forum Advisory Committee 2007-2008
- Young Architects Forum New England Regional Liaison 2004-2006
Boston Society of Architects/AIA
- President 2014
- Vice-President 2013
- Board of Directors 2009-2015
- Nominating Committee, Chair 2017; Member 2013, 2015-2017
- Membership Committee, Chair 2006-2007; Member 2005-2007
AIA New England
- Board of Directors 2013-2014
- Arrowstreet 2016-present
- Cambridge Seven Associates 2003-2015
- Adolfo Perez Architect 2000-2002
- EYP Architecture & Engineering 1999
- Perkins Eastman Architects 1997, 1998
- Dean’s Leadership Council, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 2010-present
- Adjunct Faculty, Boston Architectural College 2006-2013
- Boston Creates Leadership Council 2015-2016
- Cambridge Getting to Net Zero Task Force 2015
- Master of Liberal Arts in Educational Technology, Harvard University 2012
- Bachelor of Architecture, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Building Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 1999